dad may have been right
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
a horrible sinking feeling as you drift to sleep
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
De asini umbra disceptare
I arrived last night around 12 in the morning. All in all, it was indeed a hard time. Between planning a mass, writing a eulogy, and doing many other things, I essentially got to run a 3 day wake, and then a funeral. It was a very nice affair.

The afters were plenty stressful, and will negotiation continues. I may have to go back to help iron things out, since I am the only one on my side of the family who gets along with my step-grandmother, So much so that she gave me, and refused to give my uncle, both my grandfathers wedding band, which he wed my grandmother with, and the flag it was his right to be buried with. I of course gave them to him as soon as I acquired possession.

I also recieved 3 job offers while down there, 2 of those in writing, which is very very frustrating. One is on staff at my cousins offices in Albany, essentially doing spin-work and being a liason while she is in NYC, and the other is a position at the old Bank I was with, except this time as an actual investment rep, not a teller. The one that wasn't in writing, oddly enough, came in the form of a phonecall from John Golden, who owns the Gleason's chain of Funeral homes, who asked me to consider coming to work with him about 3 days after the wake. It is rather reaffirming to discover it may not be me, but actually my location, that sucks, vis-a-vis finding a decent job. A shocker, to be sure. After we pick our collective jaws up, lets all move on.

All in all, my 2 trips down to New York gave me some interesting and new perspectives. Of course, standing next to a dead man for 4 days, and then watching as everyone begins to act in ways unbecoming will do that. I am sad to say that my sense of humor and patience have taken a hit, only time will tell if that is permanent or not.

So I have yet another thing to thank my grandfather for. And the list is already long.
spouted by Johnny @ 2:57 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Greg said…

    My condolences, obviously. When you said you had 2 job offers in writing, I thought you meant in the field of writing. I would have had to destroy you and take them both for myself.

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Johnny said…

    I would not have blamed you even in the slightest.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

Home: Buffalo, New York, United States
About Me:
This way to disinformation!!
Previous Post
Archives
fuckit bucket

He remembered when all this will be again.

Links
Powered by


BLOGGER