dad may have been right
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
a horrible sinking feeling as you drift to sleep
Monday, December 12, 2005
mystery man
I shovelled twice in the last weekend. I am not particularly fond of shovelling, although that is not the most shocking statement that any individual could make. It is almost in the same family of comments as "I breathe air."

My point is, everyone dislikes shovelling to a degree or another. Unless you like it, in which case, fuck me, fuck my opinion, and you rock on with your bad self. So, even risking that folks will get mad at me for it, if they are fond of the task and I am denying them a basic pleasure of winter, I will, when struck by the mood, shovel my neighbors walk, and the nice old lady next doors walk as well, and then apply rock salt. No real reason, it isn't that I am particularly nice, or altruistic, just if I am doing it, or on a roll, why bother stopping.

Of course, eventually I do stop, and I wonder, do people see this and wonder what someone must have done to piss me off that I would shovel half a block or so and then abruptly halt at their driveway? It is the kind of thing I would wonder, if I say a merovingian like unbroken line of shoveled walks that neatly terminated at my drive.

The other issue, of course, is angry homeless men who charge for shovelling. For example, a wonderful chap who goes by the name of mojo. I wonder if seeing someone doing it for no real reason other than some manner of zen boredom chaps the ass of one who charges ten bucks a pop and uses it to feed or liquor themselves up. I walk back the the house and I wonder. Then I go down and put rock salt out, so no one trips and tries to make a stink, or bleed on my sidewalk. I stand there, task completed, and really ponder this for a few minutes. Have I denied someone something that should be thiers out of simple boredom, ennui or anomie?

Then I trundle in, and have some hot cocoa with a marshmallow plopped into it.

Fuck it.
spouted by Johnny @ 3:41 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

Home: Buffalo, New York, United States
About Me:
This way to disinformation!!
Previous Post
Archives
fuckit bucket

He remembered when all this will be again.

Links
Powered by


BLOGGER